Localworks is a parter with the city, our local businesses, and residents to advance Wheat Ridge as a vibrant and sustainable community. We offer programs and events to help people connect, volunteer, and create.
Localworks is advancing Wheat Ridge as a vibrant and sustainable community.
A movement of citizens actively engaged in shaping and sustaining the community. Through the following core values all our work is informed and shaped by these values:
- Community: Empowering, Influencing, Connecting, Inclusive, Transparent, Creative
- Catalyst for Revitalization: Innovative support for local business and property
- Future-oriented: Optimistic, Inventive, Believe in Community Potential
- Sustainability: Perpetuating and Growing
Dedicated to the local community
Localworks is volunteer powered, staff supported and board directed. There is an annual meeting each year and members vote on a slate of board nominees.
Our History & Impact
Founded by City officials and staff in 2005, our non-profit organization has become a force for change, repositioning Wheat Ridge as a vibrant, respected and sought after community. We’ve worked hard to develop and grow the City while retaining a uniquely rich tradition of smalltown-life with rural accents just at the edge of Denver.
Just a glimpse of the impact Localworks has had on our community, due to the commitment of community members like you:
- Localworks was founded as Wheat Ridge 2020 in Dec 2005.
- Localworks has invested $400,000 in commercial lending leveraging over $2 MILLION in property improvements on 38th Avenue.
- Localworks was recognized for our work with a Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence in 2014 for the best Branding and Marketing for the Ridge at 38.
- Localworks was honored as the Nonprofit of the Year by West Metro Chamber of Commerce in 2016 and the Best Nonprofit in Wheat Ridge by Colorado Community Media in 2018.
- Localworks attracts an average of 15,000+ people to community events and placemaking events on 38th Avenue – Wheat Ridge’s main street – also known as The Ridge at 38.
Read the Localworks 2021-2023 Strategic Plan.