Localworks has created profound and lasting change in Wheat Ridge for more than a decade.
Founded by City officials and staff in 2005, our non-profit organization has become a force for change, repositioning Wheat Ridge as a vibrant, respected and sought after community model. We’ve worked hard to develop and grow the City while retaining a uniquely rich tradition of smalltown-life with rural accents just at the edge of Denver.
Just a glimpse of the impact Localworks has had on our community, due to the time and efforts of members like you:
- Localworks was founded as Wheat Ridge 2020 in Dec 2005.
- Localworks has invested $400,000 in commercial lending leveraging over $2 MILLION in property improvements on 38th Avenue.
- Localworks was recognized for our work with a Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence in 2014 for the best Branding and Marketing for the Ridge at 38.
- Localworks has over 1,000 members who care about Wheat Ridge and our mission.
- Localworks helped attract over 12,000 people to the four big events in 2015 on Ridge at 38.