Earth Week – Clear Creek Cleanup
April 17 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm| Free
Volunteers will help pick up litter along the Clear Creek Trail and near Tabor Lake, Bass Lake, and West Lake. We will begin at Prospect Park and move west towards the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt Youngfield entrance, which is about a half mile in length. This event is a collaboration between The City of Wheat Ridge, Sustainable Wheat Ridge, Localworks, and Institute for Environmental Solutions.
There are two shifts: 10:00am-11:30am & 12:00pm-1:30pm
We are very excited to bring these groups together and coordinate an outdoor event for Earth Week and we have outlined some important points below to ensure our volunteers are safe and successful at this event:
- Volunteers may sign up for both shifts – we will be stopping for lunch from 11:30 – 12:00pm.
- Meet at the south parking lot of Prospect Park (44th Ave. at Robb St.)
- Volunteers are required to arrive 15 minutes early for their shift start time (time included in signup) on the day of the event for a volunteer/safety orientation.
- Volunteers are required to wear sturdy shoes – work boots or thick-soled tennis shoes are recommended.
- Volunteers must bring a mask and wear the mask at all times (when not eating/drinking). Volunteers must adhere to Covid-19 safety protocols at all times.
- Gloves, safety vests, and trash grabbers will be provided, however volunteers may bring their own from home if preferred.
- Please bring a water bottle – water refill stations will be provided.
- Please bring a lunch – snacks will be provided.
- Restrooms will be available on site.