Sprouts Farmers Market
If you’d be excited to work in a professional kitchen preparing and cooking meals, consider applying for the position of Deli Clerk. As one of the fastest growing natural foods retailers, we’re seeking team members who are excited to share their passion for food.
Overview of Responsibilities:
As a Deli Clerk, you will have a role in helping customers make healthy food choices by preparing “fresh and easy meals” and providing a high level of customer service in one of our most popular departments! Whether you are arranging vegetables or sliced meats for our famous made-to-order sandwiches or helping a customer with their catering order, you are serving our customers with your knowledge of our meats, cheeses, and different items in the Deli department. Working in our Deli Department demands food safety knowledge to properly maintain and manage our high standards. The opportunities for growth in the Deli Department are plentiful with opportunities to learn more about products, equipment, and how to be a customer service expert for our valued customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
To be a Deli Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working in grocery, restaurant, or related field; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Be dependable and reliable
- Have and show an outgoing, friendly behavior with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to answer phones and take special orders
- Must be able to lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to 70 lbs., from 4” to 60”, for a distance up to 20 feet without mechanical assistance for up to 4 hours
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hour continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift.
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Operate a slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment; assisting in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations; achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit
- Be able to work in different temperature environments (cooler and freezer).
- Other related duties as assigned.
Pay Range: The pay range for this position is $17.45 – $23.55 / hour. Sprouts Farmers Market determines pay based on applicable experience and qualifications of the applicant. Benefits:
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of prizes, food and fun!
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and vision
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidays
Get Paid Every Day!
Sprouts Farmers Market offers DailyPay – if you’re hired as an eligible employee, you’ll be able to transfer the money you’ve already earned at no extra cost, and get it the next business day, for free. We offer DailyPay so you don’t have to wait for payday to access the money you’ve already worked for. With DailyPay, you can see how much you’ve made every day and you can transfer your money any time before payday.
You can learn more by visiting https://www.dailypay.com/partners/sprouts-farmers-market/ .
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.