Website Family Tree
The mission of Family Tree is to partner with all people to prevent and overcome the interconnected
issues of child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to promote safety, healing and stability
As a long standing non-profit human services agency, we are committed to empowering change and
transforming the lives of vulnerable populations in our community. We aim to recruit and retain high-
quality and diverse team members who share in our commitment and vision to empower people and
transform our community through innovative and integrated services. We are also committed to
investing in our team i.e., strive to pay a fair wages, offer competitive benefits, provide generous sick
and vacation time, offer staff development along with believing each employee’s unique qualities
and experiences are the core of the organization.
Family Tree strives to value and uplift diverse and marginalized voices, to recognize and address
the ways in which oppression impacts the communities with which we work, and to promote
inclusion and equity.
Recruiting and Retention Bonus
Family Tree is offering a $300 hiring bonus paid on the first paycheck after hired. In addition, Family
Tree is offering a retention bonus of $500 after 12 months of employment and $700 after 18months
Job Summary and Responsibilities
The Legal Advocate assists victims of domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault by providing legal
information, referrals, support and court accompaniment for clients pursuing civil protection orders, child
custody and divorce.
- Provides one on one in person and virtual legal advocacy services for survivors of domestic
violence, sexual assault and stalking using a trauma informed, multi-generational approach.
- Prepares and accompanies victims to court for temporary and permanent protection order
hearings, as well as other civil domestic relations hearings to assist in legal matters involving
domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Provides legal information, assistance and court accompaniment in matters of civil protection
orders, divorce or child custody issues.
- Provides referrals to other community and government agencies that can assist survivors.
- Enters intake and client data into the Salesforce database.
- Maintains professional working relationship with judges, district attorneys, and victim advocates in
- Facilitates twice-monthly legal clinics on Wednesday evenings, as well as other evening trainings
- Attends regularly scheduled victim advocate meetings, and other relevant meetings or workshops
in the community.
- Presents trainings to agencies that provide services to domestic violence victims, including in-
services for staff at Roots of Courage, PorchLight Family Justice Center and outside community
- Work with other Family Tree staff in a cooperative manner that allows timely completion of work
and smooth transition for survivors working with multiple programs/departments within the agency
and the community. This may be achieved through Family Tree’s client connection initiative and
the continuous improvement project.
- Familiar with and able to practice trauma informed care with a two-generation approach.
- Ability to think outside the box for solutions to client needs, knowledge of domestic violence
- Maintain professional relationships with other agencies in the community and represent Family
- Knowledge of proper safety planning techniques and ability to determine the need of the client as
it relates to safety.
• Lived experience and professional experience working with vulnerable populations preferred
- Education in Criminal Justice, Human Service-related fields (social work, psychology, etc.)
Location: Porchlight Family Justice Center
11100 W 8th Ave Suite 200,
Lakewood, CO 80215
Program: Legal Advocacy Program
Hourly Pay Rate: $22.10-$26.52
The base salary range represents the low and high end of Family Tree’s hiring range for this
position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to range of
experience, years of experience. The range listed is just one component of Family Tree’s total
compensation package for employees.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, retirement plan and retirement plan match,
employer paid long-term disability, EAP, wellness program, paid sick and vacation time
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel around the Denver Metro area to attend off-site meetings.
Schedule: Flexible schedule, weekends required.
The majority of work is done in an office setting and in client interview rooms. Employees are frequently
required to be able to travel to and from Porchlight Family Justice Center and the courthouse to meet with
clients who have court hearings. Employees are also occasionally required to travel to other Family Tree
facilities for training and meetings.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Family Tree is committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse
environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other
non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Family Tree is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact
Human Resources at 303-403.5884, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal
system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records a fair chance at
For more information about Family Tree and other open positions please go to
To apply for this position or other positions please send your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org