Are you looking for an opportunity to build a solid career with a company that has been in the Denver area for 45 years?
We are a specialty wood products company with decades of experience selling materials in a variety of markets. We are in the Wheat Ridge area near I-70 and Kipling.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Forklift Operation
- Safety Compliance
- Assembling customer orders for both will-call and delivered orders
- Loading commercial and residential vehicles, including: semi-trucks, flatbed trailers, pickup trucks, box trucks, etc.
- Greeting customers and assisting with the loading process
- Assisting with weekly inventory processes, if necessary
- Grounds maintenance and general cleaning duties
- Restocking material
A successful candidate would be comfortable in a warehouse / industrial space, have great attention to detail, and be able to work independently. This position is primarily an outdoor role, and encompasses customer service, material handling, forklift operation, and inventory accountability.
A successful Material Handler / Forklift Operator for a lumberyard would have a number of strengths including:
- Organization: This role exists within a team setting, but allows for large amounts of independent work to take place so organization and staying on task is important.
- Attention to Detail: A Material Handler / Forklift Operator will be responsible for handling several different types of paperwork, so attention to detail is crucial.
- Communication: This role involves working closely with multiple team members, so strong communication skills are important.
- Adaptability: The lumberyard industry is constantly evolving, so a Material Handler / Forklift Operator should be able to adapt to new situations and challenges as they arise.
- Time Management: This role may involve a variety of tasks and projects with overlapping deadlines, so being able to schedule one’s time effectively is important.
- Able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to arrive to work on-time
This role is primarily Monday – Friday, 7:30am-5pm – but does also require rotating Saturdays, 8am-noon. This position does have the potential for overtime.
This position is contained within the Operations Department, and all Operations employees are required to obtain a forklift certification. The company provides this certification at no cost to the employee. This position requires safety toe shoes and high visibility clothing – both of which are provided by the company at no cost to the employee.
The ideal candidate would excel in an industrial space, and also be comfortable to work both independently and with a team.
Thank you for your interest in our company!
– Rocky Mountain Forest Products
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wheat Ridge, CO 80033: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.