Website Big 5 Sporting Goods
Big 5 Sporting Goods is now accepting applications for Part-Time Assistant Manager Trainees for our Wheat Ridge store.
Apply online at www.big5.com/careers where you will select the position and store location. Visit any Big 5 store and speak with a manager for more details.
- #384 – Wheat Ridge, 5185 Kipling St., 303-432-6532.
With over 430 stores located throughout the western United States, Big 5 Sporting Goods is the neighborhood store that gets you ready to play. For over 60 years, everything we do comes down to having the most talented individuals on our team and a Part-Time Assistant Manager Trainee position is the perfect career opportunity for the sports and outdoor enthusiast. The qualities of our team members serve as a foundation for future growth and our managers provide leadership and direction to the entire store team.
Our Part-Time Assistant Manager Trainee gains knowledge and experience, required for promotion to higher management positions under direction of experienced personnel, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. A well-defined training program will be provided to help you develop your way in our management structure. Candidates who apply for this position should be enthusiastic, energetic, sports-minded people with solid customer service backgrounds.
- Opening and closing of the store
- Staffing the store with “service” oriented associates
- Performing customer sales and service
- Directing sales and cashier associates throughout the store
- Training newly hired associates
- Merchandising and compliance of all company policies
- Answering customer inquiries from telephone calls
- Setting promotional signage
- Enforcement of all company policies
- Learning and providing product descriptions
- Proposing add-on sales, and other duties as assigned
- Checking and retrieve merchandise from storage areas
- Organize, restock, and clean merchandise on the sales floor
- Inventory control and enforcement of loss prevention policies
- All hires must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess High School diploma, GED, High School Equivalency
- Must possess basic organizational and/or applicable math skills
- Upon accepting an offered position, candidate will be subject to E-Verify
- Light to moderate lifting may be required, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must possess effective and demonstrable interactive and communicative skills
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee Purchase Discount
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Sick Leave
- Ticket Discounts to Top Attractions and Events
- *Dental, Medical Insurance
- *Savings and Profit-Sharing Plan – 401k/Roth IRA
*Must meet minimum qualifications.
For career minded individuals we offer a fully outlined, full-time management training program.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 1 year
- Under 1 year
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.