This position is responsible for billing, follow-up, and resolving issues that delay or prevent payment of the patients account within Intermountains policies and procedures.
Practice Details: This position is M-F days. Caregiver could float to any of the 90 Primary care and specialty care clinics as a PSR
1.Greets patients. Answer phones, takes messages, returns calls and provides needed information, while documenting all phone calls accurately and completely in the electronic medical record (EMR).
2. Schedules patient appointments for visits, procedures, diagnostic tests, referrals and/or consultations.
3. Registers patients. Confirms, enters, and/or updates all required demographic data on patient and guarantor on registration system. Follows procedures when identifying patients.
4. Obtains copies of insurance card(s), forms of ID, and signature(s) on all required forms. Verify information on appropriate accounts to determine insurance coordination of benefits, pre-certification/prior-authorization. Complete the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire when applicable. Verifies insurance to determine coordination of benefits and obtains authorization and/or referrals as required. Screens for non-covered services and waiver of liability (ABN) through automated screening at time of service.
5. Informs self-pay patients of liability due and prepayment requirements. Prepare estimate of procedures, calculates advance payment requirements on previous or bad debt and current balances. Refer potentially eligible patients to financial counseling and/or contract eligibility vendor(s). Refer complex or non-compliant patient financial issues to Clinic Manager or Revenue Service Center.
6. Collects patient payments and provides accurate receipt. Posts payments in system. Reconciles receipts with cash collected and complete required balancing forms. Documents patient account notes for all interactions/transactions.
7. Maintains department and/or individual work queues and reports as required.
8. Prepares medical records for patient appointments by compiling information from various sources to include authorizations and non-Epic documentation. Accurately scans medical records as required for Medical Group or specialty office.
9. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent is required
Prefer Undergraduate degre
One (1) year customer service experience is preferred One (1) year experience in related/medical field is preferred Understanding of Medical Terminology is preferred
Interact with others by effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.- and -Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.- and -See and read computer monitors and documents.- and -Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.- and -May require lifting and transporting objects and office supplies, bending, kneeling and reaching.
Anticipated job posting close date:
Lutheran Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$16.24 – $23.69
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit imh.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.