Meet Denise Duran-Marcum!
Denise is the Secretary of Localworks’ Board of Directors. She is new to Localworks and is so excited to get more involved in the community. Learn more about this “Westside Gal” below!
Tell us about yourself.
- I consider myself a “Westside Gal”. I grew up in Arvada and have raised my family there. I have been married for 24 years, and we have 3 amazing, adult children. I have been a Realtor since 2002 and am a Managing Broker and Realtor at West + Main Homes in Lakewood. My husband has a Commercial Real Estate firm, and his office is proudly located in Wheat Ridge. I am passionate about my family, my faith and my business. My oldest son is a graduate of CSU (Go Rams!) and is Broker at Marcum Commercial Advisors, my younger son is working on getting his license in Real Estate and will be working with me at West + Main and my daughter is wrapping up her Freshman year at CSU this May. We are our proud to be Colorado natives and can’t imagine living anywhere else!
How did you get involved with Localworks?
- I heard about Localworks from my colleague Joy Opp. She presented the opportunity to get involved in an organization that makes a positive impact in one of my favorite westside communities. I interviewed with Kelsey, and her passion and enthusiasm was infectious…that’s all she wrote!
What other local organizations are you involved with?
- I organized a Giving Tree out of a local business for 9 years, we provided Christmas gifts for over 25 families. Unfortunately, the business closed its doors, but I am excited to announce that we have a new host, and we look forward to carrying on our tradition.
Favorite Localworks program?
- How do I choose! I am new to Localworks, but I can say that I am super excited about RidgeFest.
What do you love about Wheat Ridge?
- The diverse community and residents and their love for their town. If you drive down a street in Wheat Ridge, you might see a beautiful neighborhood filled with mid-century modern homes, a farm property, or the gorgeous parks and trails. Welcome to Wheat Ridge! The rich history is treasured by its residents, and the desire for thoughtful new growth is appreciated in this beautiful town. This is what I love about Wheat Ridge.