Localworks is seeking a Program Assistant. This team member will be responsible for providing administrative and program support for the planning and implementation of community engagement programs, community beautification programs, business support and outreach programs, and community events. This is a ¾ time position (i.e., 32 hours per week) which requires occasional evening and weekend work related to delivery of community and business program. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
This job Is Ideal for someone who has:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for working with community members.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to work remotely and in-person (with appropriate safety protocols).
- Comfort with digital platforms and willingness to learn new digital platforms.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable or to “wear different hats” on any given day. Our work is dynamic and rarely boring!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and delivery of community engagement and business support programs.
- Assist with all forms of communication.
- Assist in the management of online resources including social media, websites, and customer relationship management software.
- Assist in fundraising efforts related to program delivery.
- Participate in direct communication with community members regarding program administration and program delivery.
Community Outreach and Engagement
- Ensure client, customer, and organizational needs are met with positive and excellent customer service.
- Act as a liaison with community groups, businesses, and the City of Wheat Ridge.
- Connect and communicate successfully with community members, and advocate for the benefits of Localworks programs.
- Ability to work at community events and programs with the goals of connecting with the community and promoting Localworks.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, and general accounting.
- Database and record keeping activities including contacts and photos.
- Provides support and handles administrative tasks for the organization
High School Graduate or GED (Required)
Associates Degree (Preferred)
Administrative Support: 2 years (Preferred)
Microsoft Office Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
GSuite: 2 years (Preferred)
Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
Two years of work experience in an administrative field.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge of best office practices, procedures, and use of general office equipment.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health insurance – Company pays 50% of monthly premium. To be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Dental insurance – Company pays 50% of monthly premium. To be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Retirement plan – Company matches 2% of employee salary. Employee is vested after two years of employment.
- Paid Vacation Time – Company provides four weeks of vacation time to be used within the calendar year. Use of vacation time must be approved by supervisor and Executive Director. This time is not paid out upon separation of employment.
- Paid Sick Leave – Localworks adheres to the Colorado State Healthy Families and Workplaces Act and offers the following sick leave benefit: Employees start employment with 20 hours of sick leave and will accrue 3 hours of paid sick leave for every 40 hours worked, up to a total of 240 hours.
- 10 Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Localworks employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Localworks is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.
¾ time position i.e., 32 hours per week which requires occasional evening and weekend work related to community and business program delivery. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Salary: $35,000 to 37,000.00 /year
Typically, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 – 4:00pm
Some evenings and weekends, with compensatory time off for these events and programs
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting and Carrying
Ability to move and/or lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds, from one location to another, with assistance if necessary.
- Pushing and Pulling
Ability to push/pull objects to deliver community and business engagement programs. Includes setting up and breaking down tents, canopies, tables and chairs.
- Body Positions
Must have eye/hand coordination in order to accurately use equipment and a variety of items in the performance of the job.
Sitting for extended periods of time at a work station. Some bending, stooping, reaching, stretching and walking to various locations throughout the office, community, open spaces, and indoor and outdoor meeting spaces.
Position requires the ability to input data using repetitive motion on a consistent daily basis.
Employee must hear program participants, telephones, and audible signals from equipment.
Visual acuity correctable to 20/20.
Employee uses basic adding, subtraction, multiplication and division to figure data for cases, determine averages and maintain statistics relevant to position.
Must have the ability to remember and use policies, procedures, regulations pertinent to the position and to remember and follow instructions given by supervisor.
- Language Ability
Must be able to speak and write the English language and to speak effectively on the telephone and to individuals in the work setting and to small- and medium-sized groups during program delivery. Must have the ability to effectively communicate complex technical activities and terms to a lay person.
Must have ability to apply common sense, understanding and good judgment in making decisions relevant to the position and manage multiple tasks.
- Work is generally performed the following environments: office, outdoor and indoor meeting spaces, and open spaces (parks, trails, etc). Work involves project deadlines, variable workload, a high level of detailed accuracy and consequences associated with errors.
- Standard Office Equipment
- Computer Terminals
- Personal Computer
- Lighting Equipment
- Event Equipment including tents, canopies, tables, chairs, stages, etc.