Greetings from the Wheat Ridge Mid Century and Modern Home Tour committee! We are currently looking for homes to feature on the 2019 Tour, and your home caught our eye. We have been combing Wheat Ridge for examples of modern homes from the past and present, and your home looks as though it might be a good fit for the tour. If your home is selected for the tour, there will be no cost to you. Proceeds from the tour will benefit Localworks and our mission to advance Wheat Ridge as a vibrant and sustainable community. As part of our mission, we highlight the charm of living and working in Wheat Ridge, and this tour honors our community’s love of mid-century and modern architecture and design.
Showcasing your home on the tour is a huge honor and is also a ton of fun! This year, the tour is scheduled for September 28 from 1 to 5pm. We expect the tour to attract about 400 people from all over the Denver area. We have a great team of staff and volunteers to ensure that the tour runs smoothly for everyone. If you choose to participate, we place volunteers in your home to uphold very tight security standards. On the day of the tour, you will get the opportunity to greet guests at your home, visit the other homes on the tour or both!
Important things to keep in mind when deciding whether or not to participate:
- Your home would be open to ticket holders for just four hours, so participating is a minimal time commitment.
- If you have projects still to complete, you can choose to close of areas of your home.
- We’re looking for homes that either reflect the mid-century style or a modern version.
- We’re not looking for “perfect” homes… just examples of great style and a demonstration of how people live in mid century homes today.
- You can be home for the four hour tour, or go check out the other homes – or both! Have fun!
“The day of the event was so much fun! We loved greeting people who came and asked about different aspects of the house. And the volunteers who kept watch in different parts of the house made us feel completely comfortable with such a large group of guests. We took some time to see the other homes on the tour and that was even more fun. Each of the homes on the tour had something interesting about it, and we loved seeing what other people with unique homes had done to add their personal style.”
— Joy Opp
Please call us to let us know your interest in participating! If you are interested, we’ll set up a time for a few committee members to come by and review your home. You can reach our committee chair, Joy Opp at (303)868-8769.