About the Program
Localworks is thrilled to partner with the City of Wheat Ridge on Wheat Ridge 101! This free six-week interactive course will take place on Wednesday evenings from September 23 through October 28, 2020. Learn how the City of Wheat Ridge works and discuss strategies for effective public discourse and community engagement.
Wheat Ridge 101 will cover topics related to:
- City of Wheat Ridge Government and How it Works
- How the Community can Effectively Provide Input: A Value-Based Discussion
- Planning and Zoning Impacts on a Changing Community
- Building an Understanding of Infrastructure, Public Works and Engineering
- Engaging in the Fun with Parks and Recreation Department
- How the Wheat Ridge Police Department Keeps the Community Safe
This program will take place on Wednesday evenings from 6-9pm from September 23 through October 28, 2020. At this time, we are anticipating an in-person environment, but we are prepared to move the program to a virtual (or hybrid) setting.
There is no resident or age requirement to apply to this program. Wheat Ridge 101 is open to anyone with a connection to Wheat Ridge.
Class size is limited. Applications will be reviewed by an evaluation committee and all applicants will be notified by September 4, 2020.
Apply for Wheat Ridge 101
Applications for Wheat Ridge 101 are now open and the deadline to apply is August 28, 2020 at 5pm.
Send an email to WR101@ci.wheatridge.co.us with any questions about this program.